Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Misrepresentation

Portraits of Jesus similar to this one can be found hanging on the foyer walls of Mormon places of worship. As I regularly drive past one of their premises in my home town, and this portrait is large enough for me to see it from my car, I know this for a fact.

Notice that I haven't used the noun church to describe their buildings, because I believe that should only be used for places of worship used by legitimate Christian denominations. The Mormons are not a legitimate Christian denomination.

The other problem with this painting is that Jesus is depicted as blonde haired and Caucasian, whereas he was actually Jewish, and would have had a darker complexion.

It seems apt that a pseudo-Christian religious group that does not proclaim belief in the true Jesus would also have portraits of a fake Jesus on the walls of their places of worship.

No comments: